Friday 29 January 2016

Updates on the Gananoque book

My book Voyages of the Gananoque is available on Amazon.  I often get updates once I've written a book so here are what I've received from kind readers so far.  I have decided now I am too busy to do a full reprint of the book, so this is the extra information on the ship and passengers that would have gone in a reprint!

DOUGLAS

"Hello Belinda,

My Great Great Grandfather James Ferguson Douglas came out on the first voyage.
On Page 11 you comment on the pronunciation of “Gananoque”.
In his obituary the ship he came out on was referred to as the “Gallant Oak”.
So that may give you an idea how it was pronounced with his no doubt strong County Down accent." (courtesy Stan Smith)

ROBERT

Angelina Robert is listed in the back with her parents and brothers and sisters. Angelina later married  William Cummins. The Robert family travelled as government immigrants and originated from Guernsey. (courtesy Pam Ley)



STACK

THE COLONIST, VOLUME XXIII, ISSUE 2684, 25 MARCH 1880

Courtesy of James Neild

No comments:

Post a Comment